So you’ve survived a million and one questions during an interview and the recruiter says, “have you got any questions?” It’s so easy to say “no, I’ve got everything” and rush out of the building as quickly as possible but I think this is a great opportunity to stand out and give yourself an advantage. A great set of questions can sometimes give the recruiter that last bit of assurance that YOU are the right person for the role. It might not be appropriate to ask all of the questions below at every interview so use wisdom.
1. What is the current dynamics of the team and how do you see me fitting in with them?
I love this question because you force the recruiter to picture you in the role but it also shows that you are aware that there are people within a team and want to respect the dynamics. It’s also great because in actual fact, you might find that you don’t like the dynamics or demographics of the team and have found out at interview stage and not when you’ve got the job!
2. What concerns do you have about hiring me?
If they answer honestly, this gives you a great advantage because you will actually have the opportunity to address any concerns or reservations and potentially turn them around.
3. If I am successful, what would my first few weeks in the role look like?
By asking this, you’re showing a real interest in not just getting through the interview, but getting into the role itself.
4. When can I expect to hear back from you?
Again, this shows you are interested and keen
5. Lastly, if there’s anything you’re unsure about, now is the time to ask
I hope that helps! Go get your job!